2016 Ms. Wheelchair Washington

2016 Ms. Wheelchair Washington
Nicole Martini

Tony's Memorial

On March 16, 2010, I had the privilege of being able to speak at Tony McCane's memorial service. Tony is my best friend and a fellow "high roller". At first I thought it would be one of the hardest things I would ever have to do. As it turns out, it was one of the easiest things I've ever done. The celebration of his life was beautiful! So many people showed up to give honor where honor was due. He was shot and paralyzed yet did not let it hold him back. He developed a passionate heart to help advocate for people with disabilities and encourage gang prevention. All Tony's dreams that he had to help the disabled community will still happen with the teamwork of his closest friends and family, including myself. The unity and love that was in the church that day was nothing like I had ever seen before. I am glad I was invited to speak as Ms. Wheelchair Washington 2010 and a close friend of Tony McCane!