2016 Ms. Wheelchair Washington

2016 Ms. Wheelchair Washington
Nicole Martini

HOPES Fundraiser

As Ms. Wheelchair Washington 2010, I have dedicated the entire year and everything I do to my best friend, Tony McCane. He died of a lung infection on March 10, 2010. We had many different projects in process together. We both had a lot of the same visions and dreams. The one thing we both wanted to see happen is the HOPES Disability Gym. While speaking at Tony’s memorial, I promised, in front of everyone, that I would not let Tony’s dreams die just because he is no longer with us. I said, “HOPES will happen” repeatedly. Well… HOPES Foundation is here! We are a 501c3 non-profit organization. Our first fundraiser is June 5th and 6th. It will be a fun day of basketball games (both youth basketball teams and wheelchair basketball teams). I will be playing some of the games and speaking as Ms. Wheelchair Washington 2010 on both days. There will be music, food and jumpers outside. Vendors from all over Washington state. Special performances from The Truth and several stomp teams. Its going to be a fund weekend of advocacy, achievement and fulfillment of dreams! Please come out and help support the HOPES Foundation! HOPES will happen!