2016 Ms. Wheelchair Washington

2016 Ms. Wheelchair Washington
Nicole Martini

I'm a Nina!!!

Just a few things I have been thinking about lately. I am totally excited about the Ms. Wheelchair America pageant coming up in Grand Rapids. The fact that my twin sister is going with me as my helper for the week is so exciting! My sister is also slowly getting more interested in people with disabilities, as a result of seeing me so involved with others living with disabilities.

The other thing that I’ve been thinking about is… My twin sister is pregnant! It is her first pregnancy and I am so excited to go through this process with her. I have gone to every docter’s appointment with her so far. I just found out, I’m going to be the baby’s Nina! For those of you that don’t know, in the Hispanic culture, a Nina is basically the same thing as God parents. Often times the Nina is a member of the family.

I have so much fun with my youngest niece now. I cant wait to have another baby around that I can develop my special bond with. I cant wait to be a Nina!