2016 Ms. Wheelchair Washington

2016 Ms. Wheelchair Washington
Nicole Martini

Boise

I had an amazing trip as Ms. Wheelchair America to Boise, Id. I was there for four days. The first day I made an appearance to a kindergarten class. So fun!!!! Then my hostess took me to the Idaho Botanical Gardens, beautiful. The second day I spoke to a support group for parents with children with disabilities, which was a great treat because I really have a passion to speak to this audience because of my own story. As I spoke to them, my heart was so overwhelmed with emotion that I teared up. As I connected with the families there was such a beautiful exchange. The third day I danced with an Integrated Dance group called Open Arms. The dance group has members who are both disabled and able bodied. I had the privilege of collaborating with the dance director in choreographing a dance. This dance group really touched my heart. Part of my “Inclusion Revolution” platform is to advocate for people with disabilities in the performing art, so this event really opened the doors to furthering my platform.