2016 Ms. Wheelchair Washington

2016 Ms. Wheelchair Washington
Nicole Martini

Alabama and Tenessee

My tour as Ms. Wheelchair America brought me to Huntsville, Alabama and Chattanooga Tennessee. Ms. Wheelchair Alabama, Paula Montgomery and Ms. Wheelchair Tennessee, Bliss Welch hosted me on this amazing adventure.
BLISS AND Ipaula and I
The adventure started at the Mckinny Center in Huntsville Alabama, which is an employment center for people with disabilities. I was so overwhelmed with love from the clients of the employment center.
Mkinny Center

Next I spoke to a similar center called the Lowe Center.
lowe center
Then I spoke at Lee High School which was a great school. The students were very mature and responsive! The local news stations also covered my appearance.
lee high school

The next day I traveled in a Wheelchair Access taxi to Chattanooga Tennessee which was a 2 hour drive one way. So worth it though!!! I spoke to 1,000 Middle Schoolers at a local school. They were such a great audience!!! So lively! I was exhausted but they lifted me up. I call it crowd surfing when the crowd has so much energy that it lifts you up like a surfer on a wave.
East Hamilton
I finished the Alabama tour at the Abilities Ball. I felt so beautiful in my silver dress!! I was the keynote speaker at this ball for people with disabilities and their families. What an honor!!! Then of course I danced the night away :)
abilities ball

I’m thankful for my friend Carmen who traveled with me and took pics and helped me!