2016 Ms. Wheelchair Washington

2016 Ms. Wheelchair Washington
Nicole Martini

Ms Wheelchair Washington Community Fundraiser- May 30th

On Saturday, May 30, 2009 community members gathered at Oberlin Church in Steilacoom to bid on auction items, listen to live music and sample delicious desserts during Taste the Sweet Life: a fundraiser for my expenses related to participating in Ms. Wheelchair America in Rapid City South Dakota.

I truly appreciate the people who attended and supported my role as Ms. Wheelchair Washington 2009. It was such a joy to mingle with friends, family and other individuals who wanted to learn more about my journey and have the chance at purchasing from a wide variety of themed gift baskets, homemade jewelry, and collectible dolls. Prior to the close of bidding I took a few moments to speak about my passion for the Ms. Wheelchair Washington Program and its unique position in the state. As Ms. Wheelchair Washington I have had countless opportunities to positively impact those around me by spreading an encouraging message of achieving goals, becoming confident, increasing optimism and nurturing our peers. I continued; reflecting on my life growing up sitting down without faith, hope and the love of my family I know I would not be the woman I am today.

The live music was so amazing both Dawn Sundberg and Ty Stewart performed beautifully and set the tone for a comfortable and entertaining atmosphere. I felt like I was at a concert, everyone really enjoyed the blend of voices and the song selection.I would like to thank all of the individuals and businesses who donated to last Saturday's venture. My trip to Nationals and the event itself would not have been a bright success without your talents and time. I am thankful for your efforts, more than I can say. To the individuals who planned and organized with me: Carolyn, Ty, Dawn, Sarah, De and Dawn I am grateful for your input thank you for putting together such delicious treats and organizing the flow of the auction.

Below is a list of the businesses and people that donated items and financial support to the program and to furthering my journey to the pageant this summer:

- Bebe Salon

- Dr. Preston and Sarah Buckholz, owners of North Harbor Physical Therapy

- Dr. Joseph and Luralee Dettori

- Bev Goins

- Eric and Dawn Graczyk

- Mrs. Marcile Kobel

- Mr and Mrs. Brian Lemmon

- Lakewood Christian Gift Center

- Lakewood Towne Center AMC Theaters

- John and Brenda Leech

- Mr. and Mrs. Robert Loverin

- Steilacoom Deli and Pub

- Steilacoom area Starbucks

- Lenore Rogers

- The Ram Restaurant and Brewery

- De Sandvik- Robert and Beverly Saxton

- Carolyn and Ty Stewart

- Keith and Jody Synder

- Isaac and Dawn Sundberg

-Target, Lakewood Towne Center

- Dr. Carl and Jodi Younquist, owners of Orting Dental Center

There are many others who have opened their hearts in support of me and my role as Ms. Wheelchair. I am so profoundly taken back by the outpouring of support from my community. Thank you once again for taking part and contributing to the journey of a lifetime. I love you all. Jannette