2016 Ms. Wheelchair Washington

2016 Ms. Wheelchair Washington
Nicole Martini

Puyallup Spring Fair!!!




I got to spend a few days in Tacoma, WA!! I want to give a BIG Thank You to Jenny Adams, Ms. Wheelchair America for inviting Krystal Monteros (Ms. Wheelchair WA. 2010) and myself to help out at the Puyallup Spring Fair at the Ms. Wheelchair America table!! I had such a great time with both ladies. They both are wonderful, selfless people with hearts of gold.
Thank you, Krystal, for letting me stay with you!! We always have a great time together!! J

I have only been to Tacoma 2 times, this being my 2nd time ever, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The first day of the fair was very exciting for me since I’ve never been to the Puyallup Spring Fair before. As soon as my train arrived in Tacoma, (which was an hour late) Krystal met me at the Amtrak station and we took the bus over to the fair grounds. We met a lot of characters, but over all the day was great with the sun shinning bright.
Day 2 was interesting. I had to take the bus to the fairgrounds by myself. Luckily, Krystal, being the awesome friend she is, set up my whole bus itinerary for the day. So there weren’t very many mishaps. I did start off the day by getting on the wrong bus at first, however being bus savvy myself, (my dad drove the city buses in Santa Clara County for 30 yrs, and I’ve been taken buses since 2nd grade) this was quickly fixed and I was back on track with no worries.

The 2nd day (and my last day) at the fair was a very good and busy one!! Once again, I met a lot of great people, some of which shared wonderfully inspirational stories about their loved ones with “disabilities” and how they overcame obstacles.
I also got to meet and took a picture with Honey Queen Pierce County, which was pretty neat.